CriticMarkup (highlights and comments)

reg

03 Nov, 2013 11:39 AM

Hello Fletcher

CriticMarkup is a great addition, thanks. But CriticMarkup is a challenge to integrate into workflow effectively unless it is quick and easy to use. The below comments relate to this requirement.

It seems to me that the _automated_ aspects of CriticMarkup work reasonably well. But some things aren't meant to be automated, which is I guess why you have a menu item for {== ==}. A question: why is this 'Highlight' syntax described as 'Mark for CriticMarkup'? Surely 'Highlight for CriticMarkup' or similar would be clearer? I suggest you consider changing this.

Related to this, currently the only option for comments relates to automatically have them inserted with the date etc next to all other changes.

But sometimes comments might be wanted on their own, just as highlights are, and typing out lots of {>> <<} is no fun. It would be very useful to have a menu item *and* shortcut for 'Comment for CriticMarkup'. (Or even refactoring the UI and having an entire dropdown relating to CriticMarkup...)

Tom

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fletcher on 05 Nov, 2013 02:46 AM

Tom,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I actually have changed the highlight menu command in a separate fork for some new features I am working on. That will be added to the main branch soon.

It's a reasonable request to add a "comment" menu command. I'll add it to the list.

Thanks for writing in!

F-

--
    Fletcher T. Penney
    Manager, Founder
    MultiMarkdown Software, LLC
    [email blocked]

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac