MMComposer and AppleScript

stefano.gor

03 Nov, 2013 06:43 AM

Hi,
I think some features or suggestions we read here, could be done with Applescript. Even RegEx Find/Replace (using AS and Python or some Scripting Addition). And actually sometimes I open a .md file with BBEdit or TextWrangler to use some nice AS I've done for Markdown text.

Well, I perfectly know you have other priorities than AppleScript implementation in MMComposer, but I hope in "never say never" .-) …

cheers,
Stefano

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fletcher on 03 Nov, 2013 04:16 PM

I know that AppleScript has many fans, but I believe it's a dying feature. The fact that the latest release of iWork has essentially no AppleScript support is not a good sign. I don't see AppleScript ever making it to iOS, and it seems that Apple's emphasis is on ways to improve coordination between Mac/iOS, rather than difference.

But what do I know?….

;)

I agree with you on the "never say never", but I definitely don't see adding AppleScript to the Mac version before getting finished with the iOS version and a few other ideas.

More importantly, since MMD Composer uses plain text files, and the text editor works on plain text, it seems like System Services would allow you to do everything you need. Why do I need to add anything special to Composer?

Fletcher

--
    Fletcher T. Penney
    Manager, Founder
    MultiMarkdown Software, LLC
    [email blocked]

2. Fletcher closed this discussion on 09 Nov, 2013 01:46 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac