Comments in Preview

||| tomas jay

21 Sep, 2013 03:00 PM

I love MMD Composer - best Mardown editor ever!
Here's my suggestion how it could become even more valuable:
When creating a text, I find comments very useful. Adding comments as HTML like this '<!-- this is a comment -->' anywhere in the source is already very helpful for myself during writing. But when reviewing the text, or when collaborating / sharing with others, it would be great if comments show up in the preview's left or right page margin (e.g. in boxes).
Is this just a matter of (CSS-) styling? I doubt, because it seems to be hard to catch HTML comments by CSS, right?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fletcher on 21 Sep, 2013 03:37 PM

Thanks for writing in with the suggestion!

It would probably take a bit more than just CSS, as the whole point of an HTML comment is that it *doesn't* appear in the HTML view.

To do something like this you could create a custom `<div>` type and use CSS to pull it out of the main flow of the text to appear in the margin.

This isn't something that I plan on doing in Composer at this time, but it is something you could do at any time.

FTP

2. Fletcher closed this discussion on 21 Sep, 2013 03:37 PM.

3. ||| tomas jay re-opened this discussion on 21 Sep, 2013 03:39 PM

4. 2 Posted by ||| tomas jay on 21 Sep, 2013 03:39 PM

Hi Fletcher,

thanks for the answer. Yes, this is a good idea. I will share the template once it's good to use.

Cheers,
    Thomas

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Fletcher on 21 Sep, 2013 03:48 PM

Also, since you mention printing in another thread, you could use the CSS on that div so that it doesn't appear when your print your document. Just a thought.

FTP

6. Fletcher closed this discussion on 20 Oct, 2013 07:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac