Align Center

ahaghgoo

12 Aug, 2015 07:12 PM

Hi I'm wondering if there is syntax to set text alignment, specifically to center text. I know of aligning text within a table, but I'm wondering if there's a way to do this without having to create tables first to do so.

Thanks,
Afshin

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fletcher on 13 Aug, 2015 04:06 PM

Thanks for writing in.

1) This site is for MultiMarkdown Composer. If you have questions about MultiMarkdown itself, you're better off here:

http://support.fletcherpenney.net/

2) As to your specific question, the way to think about it is this. "Centered" text doesn't have any meaning, it's purely cosmetic. If it's cosmetic, and not semantic, it probably won't have a syntax in MMD. If you're converting to HTML, CSS is used for cosmetic modifications, so the way to apply centering is via CSS. You can insert raw HTML in your MMD file to apply CSS, or design your CSS in such a way as to match the elements you want to center. Either way, it's a bit outside the scope of what I can help you with.

You are welcome to also use the MultiMarkdown discussion list to get help from others, many of whom have likely solved similar problems:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/multimarkdown

Hope this helps!

Fletcher

2. Fletcher closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2015 04:06 PM.

3. Afshin Haghgoo re-opened this discussion on 15 Aug, 2015 01:38 AM

4. 2 Posted by Afshin Haghgoo on 15 Aug, 2015 01:38 AM

Fletcher, 

Thanks again for the continued support!  I’ll check in on the Google Group.  

-Afshin 

--
    Afshin Haghgoo 
    [email blocked]

5. Fletcher closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2015 09:12 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac