Query about export to OPML

vwc

29 Nov, 2014 12:33 PM

I exported as a file created in MMD Composer to OPML format (File / Export etc) for import into iThoughtsX (http://toketaware.com).

One of the formats which *can* be imported into iThoughtsX is OPML, but the file exported with MMD Composer is not recognised. I contacted the developer of iThoughtsX and received this response:

"My apologies - the format is technically ‘valid’ - it’s just not quite what I was expecting. In OPML, information is generally encoded into <outline> elements - but the OPML you sent doesn’t have any of those - so iThoughts won’t open it. If you contact the developer of MultiMarkdown (a chap called Fletcher Penney) then I’m sure he can help explain why this is."

I know that iThoughtsX can import MMD files directly without the need of use of OPML. I only tried the export to OPML because my MMD file contained footnotes, which iThoughtsX does not support (i.e. a problem with iThoughtsX and not MMD Composer). I thought an import into iThoughtsX with the OPML might produce a better result.

I have read the information on your websites, but OPML, as a format or the technical composition or means little to me. And this post is more in the way of informing you of the thoughts of another developer than a request for a solution.

Attached are the markdown file and the OPML version.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fletcher on 29 Nov, 2014 12:49 PM

Your document doesn't have any headers, so there's nothing to create an outline from. It's just text.

If there's nothing in the MultiMarkdown Composer TOC HUD, then there won't be anything useful in the OPML export.

Fletcher

--
    Fletcher T. Penney
    Manager, Founder
    MultiMarkdown Software, LLC
    [email blocked]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Pressures.md 331 Bytes
  • Pressures.opml 433 Bytes

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac