tag:support.multimarkdown.com,2013-02-12:/discussions/problems/458-pdf-margins MultiMarkdown Software, LLC: Discussion 2013-08-18T00:49:12Z tag:support.multimarkdown.com,2013-02-12:Comment/28304639 2013-08-17T18:50:48Z 2013-08-17T18:50:48Z PDF Margins <div><p>Thanks for writing in.</p> <p>I spent a few hours digging into this:</p> <ol> <li> <p>The code I used for printing HTML (not the text editor pane), which is essentially the same as the PDF export code, does reset the margins to some default values. That was my fault.</p> </li> <li> <p>That said, removing my defaults and playing with margins leads to really strange results --- the text is adjusted to the upper right corner, but then goes off the page to the lower left when you use large margins.</p> </li> <li> <p>Strangely, the print preview/export does adjust to fit the paper size, but not the margin size.</p> </li> <li> <p>After digging around I finally figured out that the code Apple provides for page setup doesn't properly configure the margins in what Composer gets. Without getting too technical, I discovered that I have to recalculate margins based on the known paper size, the printable area, and the offset for the printable area. The margins that are given to me by default are incorrect.</p> </li> <li> <p>I rewrote the code for printing/pdf export so that it <em>should</em> properly recalculate the required information. In my tests, it seems to work, even with strange margin configurations, and with different paper sizes.</p> </li> </ol> <p>This will be included in the next version release.</p> <p>Thanks for pointing this out, and prompting me to dig down the rabbit hole until figuring it out. ;)</p> <p>F-</p> <h2><a href="#" class="anchor" name=""></a></h2> <p>Fletcher T. Penney<br> Manager, Founder<br> MultiMarkdown Software, LLC<br> <a href= "mailto:admin@multimarkdown.com">admin@multimarkdown.com</a></p></div> Fletcher tag:support.multimarkdown.com,2013-02-12:Comment/28304639 2013-08-17T22:48:04Z 2013-08-17T22:48:04Z PDF Margins <div><p>Fletcher,</p> <p>I deleted my rambling confusing original post. I can't say thank you enough. After 15 years I almost have a perfect workflow for my needs.</p></div> thwolfe tag:support.multimarkdown.com,2013-02-12:Comment/28304639 2013-08-17T22:57:55Z 2013-08-17T22:57:55Z PDF Margins <div><p>Your post was fine, and you pointed out a legitimate problem with printing/exporting. I appreciate it!</p> <p>Glad that the app is working well for you overall!</p> <p>Fletcher</p> <h2><a href="#" class="anchor" name=""></a></h2> <p>Fletcher T. Penney<br> Manager, Founder<br> MultiMarkdown Software, LLC<br> <a href= "mailto:admin@multimarkdown.com">admin@multimarkdown.com</a></p></div> Fletcher