Thanks for a very quick answer.
If I try
to open the file from the finder, the icon of 3.0b39 in the dock makes a small jump and nothing happens.
If I try to open the file from File/Open, I get a message “Cannot open the file”.
I attach the file that gives the problem, but I don’t think the problem is in the md files.
It seems that I cannot open any of my old .md files.
I had to install the new version because the previous beta was expired.
03/12/15 23:25:36,268 MultiMarkdown Composer: UTI 'net.daringfireball.markdown' is not a valid file type for Composer
(when opening from inside MD Composer)
and then from the finder:
03/12/15 23:27:48,281 CoreServicesUIAgent: Error -60005 creating authorization
03/12/15 23:27:48,325 MultiMarkdown Composer: UTI 'net.daringfireball.markdown' is not a valid file type for Composer
Changing the default app did not change the behaviour.
MMD-Composer 3 started when I did a double-click, but did not open the file.
And I still get “cannot open the file” when trying to open the file from inside the app.
The result of “mdls filename.md” is the following:
Fletcher on 08 Dec, 2015 03:36 PM
Are you absolutely certain that you are running 3.0b39
and not an older version?
That error should have been fixed months ago -- I rewrote how
Composer validates document types so that it basically says "Yes"
That error message in particular, though, only occurs when that
UTI (in this case 'net.daringfireball.markdown') doesn't conform to
'public.text'). Which, according to the mdls output above, it
Some other application that handles Markdown seems to be messing
up the UTI tree on your computer. Unfortunately, there is no way to
say "Use this one before you use that one." The only solution is to
delete the potential offending applications, and then try adding
them back later.
It seems that the OS X sort of uses a "first come,
first serve" approach, but I can't guarantee that.
But I definitely didn't change anything related to that
recently (months??) and your document opens just fine on my
I am using MMC for any slightly longert writing and am quite happy.
There is one thing that could work better:
I am now using the TOC more and more, but when I rearrange headings using
the TOC interface it often happens that a level 1 heading ends up as a
level 2 subheading instead of staying at level 1.
I see that I should put extra care in releasing the mouse as far to the
left as possible to avoid the problem, but this is quite unnatural. I think
that when you move a header, the header with belonging sub-headers should
by default keep its place in hierarchy. Going one step down or up in
hierarchy should be a different operation that is separate from moving the
heading to a different place.
Or at least you should get a better visual cue of where you are placing
Just my 3 cents ;-)
At any rate, back in the late ‘80s, it took years before Microsoft got
their Word-outline to work smoothly, so I can wait…
A minor thing, that might depend on external libraries and has an easy
while “copy to html” works a charm, “copy to RTF” is less precise in
handling bulleted lists.
Right now I copy to html, paste the result into http://www.html-cleaner.com and then copy the RTF.