Preserving Window Size & Options

tim

12 Jan, 2020 11:28 PM

Every time I open an existing file or create a new one, I get a new window at the default size and with the default toggles (sidebar, info, etc.). Is there any way to customize these options. I would, for example, prefer a larger window and to have the Info off by default. When working with multiple files, it's kind of a pain to have to adjust these things by hand each and every time. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fletcher on 12 Jan, 2020 11:45 PM

If Composer is not updating those when you change it, you can usually force the new settings to take effect:

1. Close all documents
    2. Create a new untitled document and adjust the size/position as you like.
    3. Close the window

New untitled documents should use the new settings.

Once documents are saved on disk, Composer remembers the last window size/position and reuses it when the document is reopened.

As for ToC, References, CriticMarkup -- Composer remembers the last time you toggled them and uses that setting for new windows. It currently does not do this for the info bar, however. It will in a future update.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac