"modifiers": ["cmd", "shift"]
}

Single-step actions do work, e.g.:

{
    "key": "B",
    "action": "pasteAsBlockquote:",
    "modifiers": ["cmd", "shift"]
}

Additionally, the packaged default.keybinding file included with the distribution (attached) contains an old format that does not work. (The knowledgebase page does contain the correct "default" format.)

As a side note, I am making the changes the keybinding file and restarting Composer to test each change variation. The multi-stage format simply does not work. (Sample file attached.)

Using MultiMarkdown Composer Version 4.5.4 (90)

1. 1 Posted by fharvell on 21 Feb, 2019 12:23 AM

Attempting to attache files.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Fletcher on 21 Feb, 2019 02:24 AM

Thanks for writing in.

It took me a while to sort this out, but I finally did. Short version -- when multiple keybinding files are present, they are not sorted properly, which means that it is highly likely that the desired match will not be identified.

It has nothing to do with single vs multi-step. The single step action you picked matches a menu bar command, so you don't actually trigger it with a macro, you simply activate the shortcut to the menu bar. So the error above never becomes an issue.

The next release includes a fix. For now, if you combine all keybindings into a single file (named default.keybinding) it should work appropriately.

And yes, the included file is out of date. I'll fix that for the next release as well.

Thanks for pointing this out!!

Fletcher

--
    Fletcher T. Penney
    Manager, Founder
    MultiMarkdown Software, LLC
    [email blocked]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac