Unable to get text expansion working after Pro upgrade

tq

26 Jan, 2019 12:56 PM

I just purchased MultiMarkDown Composer Pro, and am trying to get text expansion working. Even after enabling text expansion in the preferences, none of the default expansions (.mmd, .latex) provided in ~/Library/Application Support/MultiMarkdown Composer 4/Expansions/default.json work.

Am I missing a hidden delimiter or setting? Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fletcher on 26 Jan, 2019 07:21 PM

Sorry you're having trouble.

1) The path should be ~/Library/Containers/com.multimarkdown.composer4.mac/Data/Library/Application Support/MultiMarkdown Composer 4/Expansions (Apps from the App Store are sandboxed into their own containers) (The Open Expansions Folder takes you right there)

2) Make sure to reopen windows after changing text expansion settings. Existing windows don't change their text expansion behavior.

3) If that doesn't fix it, send me the receipt file and I can validate that you have the Pro update installed (The "Restore" button in the purchase dialog can download a new receipt from the App Store as well). Instructions are here -- http://support.multimarkdown.com/kb/composer-v4/i-dont-think-the-pro-in-app-purchase-is-working-correctly

Fletcher

--
    Fletcher T. Penney
    Manager, Founder
    MultiMarkdown Software, LLC
    [email blocked]

2. 2 Posted by tq on 28 Jan, 2019 02:44 PM

1) The path should be ~/Library/Containers/com.multimarkdown.composer4.mac/Data/Library/Application Support/MultiMarkdown Composer 4/Expansions (Apps from the App Store are sandboxed into their own containers) (The Open Expansions Folder takes you right there)

I shortened the path for my post, but yes the path matches the one you referenced.
    /Users/(username)/Library/Containers/com.multimarkdown.composer4.mac/Data/Library/Application Support/MultiMarkdown Composer 4/Expansions/default.json

2) Make sure to reopen windows after changing text expansion settings. Existing windows don't change their text expansion behavior.

I'm quitting and re-launching every iteration.

3) If that doesn't fix it, send me the receipt file and I can validate that you have the Pro update installed (The "Restore" button in the purchase dialog can download a new receipt from the App Store as well).

Following your article I deleted the app and reinstalled, restored the purchase successfully, but still have no luck. Sending the receipt to you for verification.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• pro_settings.png 83.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac