Problems with field of view

enrico.scarpella

28 May, 2019 04:06 AM

Dear Fletcher,

I have just encountered an issue I have never had before: with each key I type, the field of view alternates between the place where the cursor is and the beginning of the document. For example, say the cursor is somewhere in the middle of the document, which is where I would like to type the word “but”. As soon as I type “b”, the field of view scrolls up to focus on the beginning of the document; when I type “u”, the field of view scrolls down to focus where the cursor is; when I type “t”, the field of view scrolls back up again to refocus on the beginning of the document. I am not sure whether it is clear what I am describing; if not, please let me know and I will take screenshots to illustrate. Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Enrico

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fletcher on 28 May, 2019 05:07 PM

Enrico,

Thanks for the heads up. Does the problem persist if you close and reopen? If so, can you send me the file so I can test and troubleshoot?

Alternatively, you may or may not have seen this https://brettterpstra.com/2019/04/10/codename-nvultra/. The new app uses a redesigned preview pane that uses a different mechanism for just about everything. That redesign will be pulled into Composer for macOS and will also be used in Composer for iOS (it uses WKWebView which is compatible on both device types). So either way, this problem should go away in the future.

If you can't reproduce right now, don't worry about it. If you can, I can test in the new system to make sure it won't be a problem in the new code.

Thanks!

Fletcher

2. 2 Posted by enrico.scarpell... on 28 May, 2019 06:31 PM

Dear Fletcher,

Thank you for the prompt response. Yes, unfortunately, the problem persists even after closing and re-opening the file or the app, and on both iPhone and iPad (both running iOS12.3.1), so it's unlikely to be device-specific. In any case, I have attached here the problematic file; I can always reproduce the issue when I type in the paragraph that contains "(refs to be added)".

I had learned that Brett Terpstra and you are working on "nvUltra" and have already signed up for the Beta! And it's exciting to learn that that redesigned preview pane will be ported to Composer for MacOS and for iOS. Looking forward to purchase "nvUltra", Composer for iOS and the upgrade to the new Composer for MacOS!

Thank you very much again for your continuous support.

Best regards,
    Enrico

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac