Preview freezing when scrolling editor side

Vince

05 Sep, 2017 07:15 PM

B31 on OSX 10.12.6.

I just had the Preview freeze while scrolling on the editor side again. It's the first time I've seen it in a while, but I honestly haven't been scrolling around that much lately (been too busy with that other problem).

All of the details of what I'm doing are on the other issue, but to state the obvious, "Always synchronize scrolling" is checked.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Fletcher on 05 Sep, 2017 11:43 PM

When this happens, what happens next? If you stop the scroll and start scrolling again, does it work? Or do you have to do something more complicated to get things working again?

On rare occasion that's going to happen -- when Composer updates its model of the document, that resets the scroll map used for synchronized scrolling, forcing a recalculation. But the scrolling should pick right back up after the map is reset -- that recalculation should be fast (it's the same delay that happens before scrolling can start to begin with).

I tweaked one thing for the next release (34) but it shouldn't make a difference. Everywhere I can find that could have temporarily disabled scrolling has been removed.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Fletcher on 05 Sep, 2017 11:44 PM

(And the disabling scrolling (in terms of code, not in terms of what you saw) only happened on preview, not editor)

3. Fletcher closed this discussion on 05 Nov, 2017 07:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac